Ushering at the Walpole Footlighters
- Ushers are expected to be at the theater by 7:15 p.m. for evening performances and 12:15 pm for matinee performances. If you cannot come for your assigned performance, please let the head usher know as soon as possible.
- Any neat casual attire (slacks, sweaters, etc. ) is acceptable but please remember that you are a representative of the Footlighters.
- Ushers will pass out programs and show people to their seats. (Some long-time patrons may prefer to seat themselves.)
- No one will be seated in the seats after the curtain rises until the end of the first act. Late patrons should be seated on the benches at the rear of the theater in the interim.
- There are two wheelchair positions on the aisle at the left and right rear of the house in the last row.
- One usher will be assigned to stay at the rear of the theater during the performance with a flashlight to assist patrons as needed. One usher will also remain in the lobby throughout the show.
- All other ushers will assist the head usher to set up the concessions table during the first act. We may sell concessions prior to the show as well. They will also help sell concessions during the intermission and clean up after the second act begins.
- In the event that the fire alarm, which is on direct line to the Fire Department, should sound, ushers will go to their assigned positions to guide patrons to the emergency exits closest to their locations. Exits are located at the rear of the theater and on either side of the front of the theater. Ushers will be briefed prior to the start of the performance.
- At the conclusion of the performance, ushers are expected to prepare the theater for the next performance. All seats are to be placed in the upright position with the exception of the first row. Any discarded programs, candy wrappers, etc., should be picked up.
- Any lost valuables should be placed in the office desk with a note of where they were found (row, seat number).